Flowers are beautiful, and for centuries, they have brought joy to our lives. They have a unique language that expresses love during special occasions like birthdays, weddings, celebrating milestones in our careers, and offering comfort in sorrowful times.
Different flowers have specific meanings and symbolization that serves various roles in our lives. However, choosing the prettiest flowers delivered by a Bundoora florist can be challenging. In this post, I’ll walk you through the 8 prettiest flowers to gift your loved ones.
Roses are one of the most beautiful and popular in the world. They’re perennial plants and exist in more than 100 types. However, roses can further be classified into three groups—ancient roses, modern roses, and species roses.
That said, different rose flowers symbolize specific meanings depending on their colour. Let’s take a look at the various rose colour types and the meanings they convey:
- Red roses—express love and romance and are perfect gifts for Valentine’s Day
- Pink roses—express admiration and joy
- Orange roses—express enthusiasm, passion, and excitement
- Yellow roses—express friendship
- White roses—express purity, peace, innocence, and humility
But that’s not all—the number of roses can also represent different meanings, for example:
- One rose—expresses love at first sight
- Two roses—expresses mutual and deep love
- Three roses—means “I love you”
- Six roses—means “I want to be yours”
- Seven roses—means “I’m infatuated with you”
- Nine roses—express eternal love
- Ten roses—means “You’re perfect”
Tulips, one of the most popular flowers worldwide are a perfect symbolisation for resurrection and determination. Tulips fall in the genus tulip and have over 109 species.
These beautiful blooms have six petals that are distinctive from one another. Besides, they’re large and come in brilliant and warm colours, such as purple, yellow, pink, and white.
Tulip flowers are exceptional gifts for wedding anniversaries because they express love and devotion. Additionally, tulips are used on other important occasions, personifying different meanings based on their colour, for example:
- Pink tulips—personifies happiness and confidence
- Purple tulips—express royalty
- Yellow tulips—personifies cheerful thoughts
- White tulips—represent forgiveness
- Red tulips—embodies love
Orchids are beautiful but delicate flowers. These beautiful blooms have about 880 genera with over 250,000 species, making them the largest flowering plant on earth. Orchid flowers are usually symmetrically arranged—with each flower having two perfect halves.
These precious flowers symbolize love, beauty, strength, and luxury. Conventionally, orchids are a perfect gift among couples for celebrating their fourteenth and twenty-fifth wedding anniversaries. That said, different orchid colours symbolise different meanings, for example:
- White orchids—symbolize admiration, elegance, purity, and purity
- Pink orchids—symbolize femininity, courtesy, and joy
- Yellow orchids—symbolize friendship and new beginnings
- Purple orchids—symbolize royalty, respect and admiration
- Orange orchids—symbolize pride, boldness and enthusiasm
Lilies are the most prefered flowers for funeral events because they symbolise innocence restored to the deceased’s soul. For example, Stargazer lilies express sympathy and relate to dignity and purity.
Lilies have beautiful and large flowers that come in various colours—red, purple, orange, yellow, pink, or white. Additionally, lilies are perennial flowering plants that are two to five feet from the ground.
While white lily flowers (the tiger type) are the most preferred, especially in wedding ceremonies as they symbolize purity, virtue, and love. However, other lily colours convey different meanings, for example:
- Pink (stargazer) lily flowers—symbolic of prosperity and satisfaction
- Red lily flowers—symbolic of passion
- Orange (tiger) lily flowers—symbolic of pride, wealth, and confidence
- Yellow lily flowers—symbolic of gratitude and fancy for pleasure
The daffodil plant has long stems and has beautiful flowers that are golden yellow and resemble spring. Daffodils symbolise turning over a new leaf, starting over or reformation. That said, Daffodils can widely be used to motivated and bring hope to people going through hardship in their lives.
Unlike other flowers, in which different colours convey specific meanings, Daffodils’ significance is determined by regions. For instance, in China, they symbolise fortune, prosperity, and good luck.
Daffodil flowers are the perfect gift for couples to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary to show joy and happiness. Furthermore, the American Cancer Society (ACS) use it to represent hope for a cure.
Peonies originated from Asia, Europe, and the West of North America. The number of its species has not been established yet, but it’s approximated to be approximately 33. Most people associate peonies with wealth and honour.
Peonies are perfect gifts for couples on their twelfth wedding anniversary—symbolising love, happiness, joy and respect. Additionally, peonies have a unique and pleasing smell and come in different colours, which symbolises different meanings, for example:
- Pink—symbolise luck and prosperity
- White—symbolise bashfulness
- Red—symbolise love, passion, respect and honour
- Purple—symbolise virtue
Unlike other flowers, Magnolias have sepals instead of petals. According to Arboh-hill-trees, magnolias flowers are the oldest flowering plants and their fossils can be traced back to over 100 million years.
Magnolias have significant medical properties which can help with lung problems, running nose, digestive upsets, and menstrual cramps. The different magnolia colours convey different meanings, for example:
- Yellow—symbolises friendship
- Pink—symbolises love, romance, and femininity
- Red—symbolises love, passion, and romance
- White—symbolises innocence, purity, and spirituality
Get These Prettiest Flowers Delivered by a Bundoora Florist
Flowering plants are ornaments of beauty to our surrounding. They naturally decorate our dull surrounding by adding a colourful impression. They sparkle essential events in our lives such as weddings and wedding anniversaries, birthdays, funerals, etc. You can order any of our beautiful flowers online and receive them at your doorstep.